How To Achieve Happiness
Do you ever wonder if there is some secret that those who always seem happy are hiding? Well, Not at all.
“They just have a way of turning negatives into positives.”
Below are a few ways you too can start bringing more happiness and less negativity into your life.
1. Take care of yourself physically. It's much easier to be optimistic when you are eating well, exercising, and getting enough rest.
2. Be thankful. Stresses and challenges don't seem as terrible when you remind yourself of the things that are right in your life.
3. Don't assume or worry. Don't waste time worrying that you did something incorrect unless you have evidence that there is something to worry about.
4. Don't use absolutes. Thinking and talking in absolutes like 'always' and 'never' makes the situation appear worse than it is.
5. Think positively. Your thoughts can't hold any power over you if you don't judge them. If you notice yourself having a negative thought, detach from it, witness it, and don't give life to it.
6. Get and give hugs. Positive physical contact with family and even pets, is an instant pick-me-up.
7. Increase your social activity. Surround yourself with healthy, happy people, and their positive energy will affect you in a positive way!
8. Volunteer. Everyone feels good after helping. You can volunteer your time, your money, or your resources. The more positive energy you put out into the world, the more you will receive in return.
9. Don't dwell on the negative. It's never productive because it's not rational or solution-oriented; it's just excessive worry. Try changing your physical environment - go for a walk, sit outside by water, etc. You could also call a friend, pick up a book, or turn on some music.
Practice does indeed make perfect. Before long, the above traits will become automatic. You will look back and realize how far you have come. You will have become one of the people someone else looks to for the "secret" of happiness.